A limited number of Student Participation Grants will be available for student members of IEEE. Up to $2,500 will be reimbursed to help defray the cost of travel and participation fees. Awards will be made partly in the form of waivers of conference fees (registration, mini-course, etc.) and guest room costs at the conference hotel. Any remainder, up to the grant amount, will be provided after the conference based on receipts documenting expenses, such as travel costs.
To join IEEE, apply at http://www.ieee.org/go/join_student
Applications should be submitted on-line starting November 14, 2016 and no later than February 17, 2017 (ending date extended to allow for further application participation.) Applications will be reviewed based on merit, and decisions will be communicated to the applicant and the applicant’s advisor by February 24, 2017. Applicants must submit an application package (as a single PDF file) containing:
- A copy of the 1-page abstract of the applicant’s paper to be presented at the conference
- Applicant’s personal statement, strictly limited to 1 page, containing
- the expected benefits of attendance
- past involvement in IEEE activities, if any
- any other information supporting the merits of the application
- A 1-page recommendation letter from the applicant’s advisor, verifying student status and providing a commitment to cover the remaining expenses if the grant is awarded.